The Counselor is responsible for assisting the Supervisor and Service Coordinator in the delivery of direct services to the clients, as well assisting in the overall running of the site. The counselor provides a variety of services, ranging from the teaching of skills to delivery of concrete services to providing counseling to the clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides counseling and crisis intervention services to clients as needed.
- Provides direct care services to clients.
- Completes necessary and required documentation in a timely manner.
- Performs unit inspections; provides support and education to clients regarding maintaining living environments in a clean, safe manner.
- Monitors medications as needed.
- Collaborates with Service Coordinators regarding client concerns, including issues related to apartment maintenance or ADL skills.
- Attends weekly supervision and staff meetings.
- Remain current with all Agency required compliance documents and trainings.
- Performs other assignments as assigned by Supervisor.
Requires a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent along with at least two years of experience in a similar role.