This position is responsible for the coaching and development of a team of call center representatives in a fast-paced, dynamic call center environment. This supervisor is responsible for leading and providing feedback to aid representatives in accomplishing their key measures of success, including all activities that contribute to ensuring customers receive effortless and world class service.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contribute to the Company vision of being the industry leader in customer service through quality, commitment, courtesy and teamwork.
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer and employee experience.
- Effectively lead a team of representatives utilizing supervisory skills including, but not limited to, time management, planning, communication and coaching skills.
- Monitor individual and team performance to ensure performance and quality standards are met or exceeded.
- Assist team with escalated customer issues.
- Ensure departmental standards regarding customer experience are met by regularly monitoring calls and performance metrics to provide feedback or coaching.
- Establish and maintain interdepartmental relationships to ensure alignment on all business initiatives.
- Develop staff to be more effective in their roles by providing on-going coaching and on-the-job training.
- Handle department personnel issues including performance reviews, counseling and progressive disciplinary actions as needed
- Ensure Kronos payroll system is properly accounted for and accurately updated for team.
- Motivate and inspire others to action utilizing effective leadership skills including problem solving, team development.
- Performs other duties as requested by management.
- Skills / Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Ability to hire, evaluate, coach and counsel direct reports regularly in the performance of their duties
- Ability to act with honesty and integrity
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in a clear and straightforward manner
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Ability to supervise and motivate others
- Ability to use personal computer and software applications (i.e. word processing, spreadsheet, cable billing system, etc.)
- Ability to manage projects
- Knowledge of all functions and related tasks in the area of customer relations
- Knowledge of applicable products and services
- Knowledge of general accounting and billing procedures
- Good vision, including peripheral, and ability to adjust focus
- Must be patient, flexible, dependable and have an outstanding attendance record
- Experience with customer relations, communications and sales skills
- High School diploma with some college course work in business or related field; or equivalent experience
Related Work Experience Number of Years
- Customer service/call center experience 5-7
- Lead/supervisory experience (preferably of a team of 10 or more people) 3+
–Exposure to moderate noise level
–Hours may vary
–Charter Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability