The Sr. Associate, Workout leverages his or her subject matter expertise for collection and work out situations and activities to significantly improve existing processes and facilitates the resolution of problems loans, proactively minimizing potential losses to the Company. The incumbent manages accounts of advanced complexity and leads special workout projects and/or programs.
Monitors activities to minimize the company’s exposure to risk. Activities may include quantitative analysis, risk identification and remediation. Represents or supports the reputation of the company to minimize compliance and regulatory risk by resolving issues and ensuring adherence to company and legal standards. Responsible for ensuring that all of the company’s activities adhere to the necessary rules and regulations, and that the company complies with legal/regulatory statutes and jurisdictions.
Ensures adherence to the policies and procedures established by the company. Manages policy, standard definition and monitoring of policy, standard implementation, ensuring harmonization and consistency of risk policies. Monitors and manages risk/exposure and compliance with the company’s policies. Identifies, manages and reports on the company’s risk areas. Evaluates the adequacy and effectiveness of data, document retention, and monitors systems.
Manages accounts of advanced complexity, in accordance with risk management objectives and corporate budgets.
- Manages loan workout process expenses and division and corporate expense targets.
- Reduces criticized and classified exposures in accordance with risk management objectives and corporate budgets.
- Performs analysis of credit submittals regarding transactions and / or financial strengths to ascertain if borrowers qualify for financing restructures.
- Proactively manages troubled loan relationships.
- Monitors portfolios and quality assurance in compliance with corporate policy.
- Ensures compliance with training, statutes, valuation and environmental policy.
- Facilitates the resolution of problems loans, proactively minimizing potential losses to the Company.
- Oversees and ensures consistent quality control, accuracy, and compliance with internal policies and regulatory requirements for reporting processes.
- Analyzes severely delinquent and charged off accounts to identify possible problems, trends, and issues for feedback to credit and management.
- Prospects, solicits, and develops relationship-based clients on behalf of the Company.
- Processes charged-off financings including litigation, asset discovery and fraud investigations.
- Mentors and coaches work of junior level workout professionals.
- Leads special workout projects, programs, and other related workout activities.
- Communicates recommendations and credit risk management processes to management that strengthens the organization and enhances overall supervision of lending methods and provides tools to continually measure effectiveness.
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We encourage everyone to apply.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required
- Master’s Degree preferred
- 9-12 years Workout or Collections experience.
- Advanced knowledge of collection and workout best practices, identification, resolution and implementation.
- Demonstrated experience facilitating change to achieve measurable results.
- Detail orientated with the ability to also understand overall strategy.
- Excellent interpersonal, supervisory, and customer service skills required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent critical thinking skills with the ability to be adept in identifying and resolving complex risk management problems.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Ability to build and foster internal relationships.
- Ability to lead, influence and direct peers, subordinates and management.
- Ability to interact with senior level management; experience interfacing with multiple levels of the organizational structure.
- Self-directed, self-motivated and demonstrated experience providing ideas and solutions to further business understanding.
:New York-New York-45 East 53rd Street – SANNY – Santander NY