The Sous Chef is responsible for planning and directing food preparation in the kitchen. This involves supervision of kitchen staff, as well as problem resolution for issues that that may arise in kitchen operations. The Sous Chef possesses an ability to quickly and authoritatively delegate job tasks to a large staff. In order to effectively coach and mentor others, he/she must also be able to draw upon considerable experience as a culinary chef who has worked in many different roles and settings. The Sous Chef promotes an environment that continuously encourages staff members to perform at optimum performance/service levels. At times, the sous chef may need to discipline under performing staff members. He/She is responsible to promote ethical business practices and ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local laws. The Sous Chef is a confident decision-maker, highly practiced in customer contact, staff management, people motivation, and communications.
- If a hiring manager should contact you, information regarding your application may come from an email address that your email provider may not recognize. Please be sure to check all email folders (including “junk” or “spam” folders) to be sure you’re receiving updates.
- If advanced to the next stage of the hiring process, you may be asked to fill out a longer application.
- Plan and direct food preparation in the kitchen
- Ensure food safety procedures are executed according to policy and health/sanitation regulations
- Support apprenticeship development
- Monitor inventory levels through ordering to ensure product availability
- Manage and maintain safe working condition
- Perform administrative tasks as needed
- Anticipate and identify problems and initiate appropriate corrective actions
- Maintain fast, accurate service, positive guest relations, and ensure service is consistent with quality standards
- Fluent English-speaking and writing skills
- Management/Supervisory/Mentor experience required
- Able to lift 50 pounds to waist level
- Neat, clean, and professional appearance
- Helpful attitude and friendly demeanor
- Proven Meal-Creation skills
- Willing to assume responsibility for kitchen operations
- To Be Determined