JOB SUMMARY:The Rapid Re-Housing Case Manager’s primary responsibility is to administer the program according to the Department of Housing and Urban Development’s (HUD) regulations and with the City of Buffalo’s Policies and Procedures. This position works closely with the RRH team. It is responsible for assisting clients to move from homelessness (including shelter)) into permanent housing. The end goal for the RRH Case Manager is to ensure that clients once re-housed have all of the tools and resources needed to remain in permanent housing. RRH Case Managers assist all clients with move in activities, manages financial assistance funds (security deposits, rent) and provide stabilization services (case management) to all clients in conjunction with community partners. The position is responsible for a full caseload. The position will require the candidate to make independent responsible decisions in service delivery with continued supervisory guidance.
- Maintain regular contact with street, shelter, and housed clients.
- Navigate clients through the ECDSS as well as other government bodies to secure entitlement benefits.
- Perform assessments on all applicants for programs eligibility.
- Provide case management services to all clients enrolled in the program.
- Participate in the WNY Coalition for the Homeless and Rapid Re-Housing Committee along with other committees that benefit the Housing team.
- Participate in weekly case conferences with the RRH team.
- Accurately maintain paper files for all clients enrolled in the program.
- Document all links to services and treatments in HMIS.
- Maintain positive relationships with landlords and other providers.
- Enter call case notes and other assessments into HMIS in a timely fashion.
- Keep quality of HMIS data at 97% (HUD requires 95%).
- Prepare any and all reports that are required in a timely fashion.
- Take an active role in Catholic Charities activities.
- Supervises volunteers and
- Other duties as assigned by FACS Director/Assistant Director and/or Direct Supervisor
- Comply with the Agency’s Compliance Program, Code of Ethics, laws, regulations, and ethical standards applicable to your job duties.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or related field or completion of 1 year of graduate training from an accredited school of social work. Or Associates degree with at least 5 years of experience of working in the human services field.
Bilingual Spanish speaking candidate preferred.
Specify Special Requirements: Valid Driver’s License
EXPERIENCE: If the applicant does not have a Bachelor’s degree in social work/related field they could also possess 1 year of acceptable social work experience and demonstrated ability to perform at Catholic Charities.