Permanent Role in New York, NY
The candidate will act as the key IT stakeholder as the position relates to maintaining and developing enhancements to all finance and accounting related business financial systems with a primary focus on the Investran fund accounting system. The candidate will be tasked with executing business requirements across the Finance and Accounting platform. The candidate must have excellent technical development skills in Microsoft SQL Server, .Net, C#, VBA, SSRS & SSIS and good technical knowledge of Investran related systems (e.g., Investran CRM, Accounting, Report Wizard). The position holder will play an integral role in supporting the re-implementation of Investran for the company.
- Partner in the company’s Finance IT Transformation program by collaborating on solution design and co-developing with the 3rd party vendors during the delivery phase, and then also own/maintain all development work going forward along with future development.
- Manage and understand key Partnership Accounting and Reporting processes within the areas of Operations, Valuations and Financial Reporting.
- Demonstrate an ability to leverage this knowledge by developing impactful business solutions utilizing a variety of technical platforms/development languages.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to all team members and stakeholders, including business representatives, technology partners and consultants.
- Demonstrate proven extensive abilities and success as a team member understanding personal and team roles
- Contribute to a positive working environment by building solid relationships with team members; proactively seek guidance, clarification and feedback; provide guidance, clarification and feedback to less-experienced staff.
- Strong knowledge of FIS Investran, Microsoft stack application architecture and system software administration coupled with solid test-driven development practices
- 5 years of hands-on development experience with the following technologies required: .Net, C#, VBA and SQL Server Technologies, including SSRS and SSIS
- Strong knowledge of relational database (SQL Server) design and development (SQL, Stored Procedures, Data Modeling)
- Working knowledge of the Investran SDK and API
- Experience with work-flow based applications.
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, software design with strong analytical and debugging skills.
- Demonstrates proven extensive abilities and successes developing within the Investran suite, including: Active Templates (ATs), Business Events, Allocation Rules (ARs), Excel Add-Ins, System Interfaces and ETLs to other platforms, and Reporting (SSRS, Tableau, and .Net).
- Track record of initiative and outstanding performance
- Ability to structure and conduct interviews with Finance users to gather requirements. Analytical skills to analyze the requirements and define scope and deliverables.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to quickly build relationships
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience in managing offshore technical resources to support the overall development effort.
- B.S. in Finance or Computer Science, Information Technology, or business-related field (or equivalent work experience).
- Master degree in related field considered a plus