The General Mills Buffalo Plant manufactures Flour and Cereal products for our North America Retail and Convenience and Foodservice Business segments. The flour products are targeted to a wide variety of customers within our Convenience and Foodservice division. Our cereal products include a variety of sizes and packing configurations of Cheerios, Honey Nut, Blueberry and Very Berry Cheerios, Lucky Charms, Corn Chex and Honey Nut Chex. This plant has a long history in Buffalo and began as a flour mill in 1903. Today, the plant focuses on achieving its Destination Zero journey by focusing on our Zero Loss principles as well as in building a One Buffalo culture.
This position will provide day-to-day, on-line Quality support for the Buffalo plant, which will include analytical testing, sensory evaluation and communication and interpretation of Good Manufacturing Practices, HACCP and other Food Safety and Quality procedures.
- Night shift position with 6 pm – 6 am hours
- Rotating schedule, including weekends
- Complete analytical (chemical and physical) testing of ingredients, packaging and finished products
- Enter data into a computer-based information system
- Approve product against product specifications
- Troubleshoot out of specification product, handle hold orders and making sound risk decisions
- Partner with team leaders and operators to evaluate food safety and quality risks, influence appropriate decisions and support plant productivity
- Complete internal reference material (IRM) program activities and SPC control charting and analysis
- Have intermediate knowledge of instrumentation and troubleshooting
- Complete start-up, changeover and bulk pack inspections and other sanitation accountabilities
- Lead shift sensory panel to ensure product is meeting all sensory requirements
- Make up chemical solutions and complete equipment calibrations
- Lead designated quality programs such as retain management, glass and brittle plastic, COA management, bulk pack formula auditing and packaging label verification