- Experienced in technical design with a strong background/track record of working in risk systems for front office.
- Experienced in working on Financial Risk Management applications with knowledge of financial mathematics, including how instruments are priced and risk is measured.
- Exceptional development skills in core Java or Python as a language.
- Strong numerical skills ideally with a numerate degree.
- Strong understanding of programming paradigms such as distributed architectures and multi-threaded program design.
- Solid knowledge of contemporary development processes, build environments and testing tools.
- Familiarity with Excel including macros.
- Agile development practices.
Following established written procedures, guidelines and techniques, develops, enhances, modifies and/or maintains applications that support business units or support functions in the Global Markets environment. Software developers design, code, test, debug and document programs. Awareness of business or function for which application is designed. Individual contributor role; fully competent to work under general direction on complex projects usually on specific assigned problems, and seeks guidance and direction from more senior associates or manager, as needed. Typically requires 3-5 years of applicable experience.
- Personal Attributes Required:
- Minimum 2+ years experience of working within a technology development environment, with an emphasis on risk systems.
- Candidate must be a strong team player with excellent communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills and enjoys solving complex technical problems.
- Comfortable working in high pressure environment and working to deadlines.
- Ability to work closely with internal stakeholders.
Bank of America’s Global Banking and Markets Technology Organization….
- Believes diversity makes us stronger so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world.
- Is committed to building a workplace where every employee is welcomed and given the support and resources to perform their jobs successfully.
- Wants to be a great place for people to work and strives to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
- Provides continuous training and development opportunities to help employees achieve their career goals, whatever their background or experience.
- Is committed to advancing our tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve our clients and their evolving business needs.
- Believes in responsible growth and is dedicated to supporting our communities by connecting them to the lending, investing and giving them what they need to remain vibrant and vital.
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week: