The Director is responsible for all aspects of the SP-SRO Program operations, as well as compliance with state, city and federal regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversight of day-to-day operations and staff scheduling, including supervision of all program social service staff. On-site supervision of administrative assistant, superintendent and maintenance staff.
- Full administration of personnel (including hiring; weekly individual/ group supervision; disciplinary action; monthly staff meetings).
- Oversee all intake procedures, including screening of applicants. Maintain program occupancy rates (>95%).
- Compliance with LIHTC and HHAP regulations, including eligibility determination, annual certifications and any other reporting requirements, as necessary.
- Cooperation with the Property Management department re: site maintenance and safety issues, as well as the accounting department to ensure monitoring of rental payment/arrears and assisting special needs tenants with securing and maintaining entitlements.
- Oversee purchasing of program services and supplies within contractual guidelines.
- Crisis Intervention (including 24/7 cell phone coverage).
- Conduct continuous needs assessment for program evaluation and quality assurance. Closely monitor health care outcomes of special needs tenants.
- Provide staff training and development to ensure suitable implementation and evaluation of evidence-based best practices. Evaluate staff performance and promote professional growth.
- Handle ongoing community relations activities which include program promotion and maintaining a positive relationship with the neighboring residential and business community.
- Collaboration with local hospitals and healthcare/care coordination providers through committees, special projects, etc., as well as community outreach.
- Remain current with all Agency required compliance documents and trainings.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Director of Long Island Program Operations.
Qualifications: Masters Degree in Social Work, Rehabilitation Counseling or other related field plus a minimum of five (5) years experience working in a residential setting with similar populations. Must also have a minimum of three (3) years of supervisory experience or training. LIHTC experience preferred.
Positions Supervised: Program Supervisor, Counselors, Office Manager, Service Coordinator