The Prep Cook chops vegetables, trims meat and fish, and makes sauces and dressings. In addition, he or she helps with other tasks, including storing leftover food, washing dishes, cleaning work areas, and emptying trash. This is an opportunity to learn the skills to become a cook or chef through on the job training.
The ideal candidate for this position has a high school diploma or GED and previous experience and familiarity with basic cooking supplies and equipment is preferred. Fluent English speaking and writing skills, good time management skills, and professional dress, speech, and behavior are all required for this position.
- If a hiring manager should contact you, information regarding your application may come from an email address that your email provider may not recognize. Please be sure to check all email folders (including “junk” or “spam” folders) to be sure you’re receiving updates.
- If advanced to the next stage of the hiring process, you may be asked to fill out a longer application.
- Performs food preparation
- Preps food for cooking, including washing and chopping vegetables, etc.
- Cleans work areas and all equipment used in food preparation
- Fluent English-speaking and writing skills
- Free Parking