Large construction firm in the Capital region is seeking a Payroll Manager to join our growing team.
The Payroll Manager will oversee and supervise the organizations payroll functions, ensuring pay is processed on time, accurately, and in compliance with government regulations.
- Collborates with HR and CFO who collectively recruit, interview, hire, and train new staff in the department.
- Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Working closely with HR and the CFO, implements, maintains, and reviews payroll processing systems to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions.
- Ensures accurate and timely processing of payroll updates including new hires, terminations, and changes to pay rates- all of which flow from HR
- Prepares and maintains accurate records and reports of payroll transactions.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage, and hour laws and best practices.
- Facilitates audits by providing records and documentation to auditors.
- Identifies and recommends updates to payroll processing software, systems, and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Excellent pay and benefits:
- Competitive pay
- 401k with match
- Health Insurance, Dental, Vision, Group Life, Voluntary Life
- Extensive knowledge of the payroll function including preparation, balancing, internal control, and payroll taxes.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficient with payroll software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field required, or equivalent relative experience in a payroll manager role, or similar.
- Three to five years of directly related payroll manager experience required.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.