The Pastry Chef (Patissier) is primarily responsible for creating pastries, baking breads, and making layer cakes and pies by hand. The Pastry Chef is required to begin work very early in the morning in order to provide freshly-made, eye-catching, and delicious products. In order to do so, the Pastry Chef is very creative and is highly skilled in the baking process. He/She knows what tools to use to achieve consistently outstanding results. In addition, the Pastry Chef may manage junior kitchen staff members and ensures that the kitchen remains clean, safe, and organized. The Pastry Chef may also perform administrative duties such as preparing budgets and ordering pastry-making supplies. Serving in a mentor’s role, the Pastry Chef is expected to supervise apprentices and teach coursework relevant to the trade.
- If a hiring manager should contact you, information regarding your application may come from an email address that your email provider may not recognize. Please be sure to check all email folders (including “junk” or “spam” folders) to be sure you’re receiving updates.
- If advanced to the next stage of the hiring process, you may be asked to fill out a longer application.
- Culinary ability and creativity
- Attention to detail
- Customer-facing skills
- Organizational skills
- Food safety training/experience
- Willingness to mentor others
- Able to lift 50 pounds to waist level
- Neat, clean, and professional appearance
- Helpful attitude and friendly demeanor
- Three years baking experience minimum
- Management/Supervisory/Mentor experience required
- Fluent English-speaking and writing skills
- To Be Determined