JOB SUMMARY The Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner is responsible for evaluating, diagnosing and treating an assigned caseload of mental health and/or chemical dependency clients and for documenting the same on standard forms. Incumbents in this job title report to and are jointly supervised by the Medical Director and the Director of Clinical Services.
- Provides psychiatric evaluation and diagnosis of referred clients;
- Provides ongoing medication management for assigned clients;
- Provides medication education to assigned clients;
- Provides consultation and psycho-education to collateral others, as appropriate;
- Coordinates treatment with and provides consultation to other clinical staff;
- Documents all patient encounters in the medical record, consistent with agency, State and Federal standards;
- Reviews and signs treatment plans, psychosocial assessments, health assessments disability evaluations and other patient-specific documents;
- Provides input regarding agency medical policies and procedures.
- Comply with the Agency’s Compliance Program, Code of Ethics, laws, regulations, and ethical standards applicable to your job duties.
- Must have a Master’s Degree.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Demonstrate expertise in diagnosing and treating psychiatric disorders;
- Strong general knowledge of medical conditions, medications and medication interactions.
- License to practice medicine in New York State;
- Minimum of two years’ experience in the direct assessment and treatment of psychiatric disorders.