The Medication Manager is responsible for providing oversight and monitoring of client medications and education regarding medications. She/he assists with the development and implementation of medication related policies and procedures and provides trainings to agency staff to ensure understanding and compliance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide medication monitoring for identified clients at the SP-SRO who are in need of this service.
- Assess client needs to determine the frequency of medication monitoring.
- Assess and help prepare clients as needed to monitor and ingest their medications independently.
- Facilitate communication amongst treatment providers regarding client medication regimen concerns.
- Ensure accuracy of medication sheets.
- Facilitate staff training regarding proper medication policies and procedures.
- Perform medication counts: daily for controlled substances, weekly for all other medications; report discrepancies to Director immediately and complete all corresponding documentation.
- Order medications as needed and ensure that all medication orders are received and accurate.
- Ensure all medications are being stored and monitored properly.
- Participate in weekly supervision and monthly staff meetings.
- Remain current with all Agency required compliance documents and trainings.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Director.
Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Rehabilitation, Social Work or other related mental health discipline, plus 2 years’ experience working with a psychiatric population. A working knowledge of psychotropic medications is also required. This individual must have good verbal and written communication skills as well as the ability to make sound judgments regarding client care.