Spectrum Networks is looking for enthusiastic, talented and driven individuals to join the best and brightest in gathering, producing and delivering stories that make a difference within a 24-hour breaking news environment! Our commitment is to engage viewers with relevant, timely news that’s important to the local communities we serve.
Who we are: Spectrum Networks is a series of 27 hyper-local news and 9 regional sports networks owned and operated by Charter Communications, Inc. Spectrum Networks seeks to provide the most essential local news and information, cultivating relevant and thoughtful conversations that foster informed and engaged communities.
The Environment: Spectrum News is a 24-hour breaking news network which requires employees who are flexible and available to work various shift, including early morning, late evenings, weekends and holidays.
Being on our team means … You’re ready to inspire and be inspired! You’re passionate, creative and highly technical, driven to flourish in a competitive, fast-paced environment. You’re fiercely accurate, with a desire to leverage your knowledge, skills and abilities to share news stories to viewers in our local communities. You’re nimble, having the ability to pivot in an ever-changing workflow. You are a team player with a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills. You have the ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
What we’re looking for: Marketing Coordinator to report directly to Manager, Marketing Operations, Consumer Marketing; Collaborate with Spectrum Networks Corporate Marketing, Legal, Finance and Procurement Partners on behalf of the Consumer Marketing Team, streamlining communications and owning internal processes; Liaise with seven regional marketing teams to centralize operations; Maintain trackers for team-wide use to document status and related variables across the footprint; Provide general and administrative support for the Consumer Marketing Team
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Finance: Assist with Marketing’s financial planning, analysis and communications; Provide support to external vendors with instructional and informational communication regarding company policies and procedures; Work directly with Marketing, Finance and Procurement to monitor expenses and oversee invoicing process
- Legal: Track all contracts against key deadlines and processing timelines, providing timely updates to key stakeholders; Oversee Team’s adherence to strict deadlines, company policies and procurement procedures; Work directly with Marketing, Legal and Procurement to summarize agreements
- Consumer Marketing: Collaborate with creative and marketing teams to monitor the detailed preparation and timely delivery of creative assets, taking into consideration the unique requirements of Charter’s various marketing platforms; Assist in the preparation of and provide on-site support for Spectrum News community events, live-show specials and internal meetings; Manage marketing materials inventory; Manage Spectrum News promo inventory tracking system, monitoring all live creative assets and on-air marketing inventory
Skills & Knowledge:
- Exceptional client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skillss
- Advanced quantitative skills (i.e. Comfortable with Excel, pivot tables, P&Ls, etc.)
- Advanced organizational and time management skills including attention to detail and multitasking
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Background in Finance and / or Project Management
- Experience with SAP Products and / or Project Management Certification a plus
- 2+ years of experiences
Our Culture: Every employee is an influencer and culture keeper. We expect respectful communication (despite pressure), openness to feedback, an eagerness to learn, and an overall positive attitude! Roles may require the following:
- Overtime may be required to meet deadlines
- Varying schedule due to, breaking news and/or daily news coverage requirements
- Provide 24×7, 365 days per year, on-call support. May entail phone or physical presence at the facility for equipment failure or other disasters. This includes, but is not limited to equipment and power failures, loss of contracted services, storms or severe weather, and schedule conflicts
- Participation in an established on-call rotation