The Line Cook is responsible for the daily preparation of food items in the pantry, fry and/or stations or other areas of the kitchen. He/She prepares all items needed for service, from chopping vegetables to making sauces and butchering meat. At times, the Line Cook will be tasked to prepare items for another station or special event. In addition, the Line Cook cleans kitchen equipment, organizes produce delivery, trains new cooks and completes a nightly inventory.
- If a hiring manager should contact you, information regarding your application may come from an email address that your email provider may not recognize. Please be sure to check all email folders (including “junk” or “spam” folders) to be sure you’re receiving updates.
- If advanced to the next stage of the hiring process, you may be asked to fill out a longer application.
- Set up station according to restaurant guidelines
- Practice, monitor, and reinforce food safety procedures according to policy and health/sanitation regulations Follow recipes, portion controls, and presentation specifications as set by the restaurant
- Manage and maintain safe working condition
- Restocks food supplies and takes inventory when required
- Has understanding and knowledge to properly use and maintain all equipment in station
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested by the Chef, Sous Chef or Kitchen Manager
- Maintain fast, accurate service, positive guest relations, and ensure service is consistent with quality standards
- Able to lift 50 pounds to waist level
- Neat, clean, and professional appearance
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule
- Exhibit a sense of urgency
- Strong stamina to work long or split shifts
- Willingness to work on your feet
- Basic culinary coursework or equivalent experience highly preferred
- Highly collaborative nature
- Previous prep or line cook experience
- Fluent English-speaking and writing skills
- Advancement Opportunities
- 50% off food purchases during and after work shift