The Restaurant Host/Hostess supervises and coordinates the activities of the dining room staff to ensure fast and courteous service to our guests. He or she schedules dining room reservations, arranges parties or special events, and arranges special services for diners.
The ideal candidate for this position has a high school diploma or high school equivalency diploma and at least one year of experience in a restaurant setting with some management or supervisory responsibilities. Fluent English speaking and written communication skills, good time management skills, and professional dress, speech, and behavior are all required for this position.
- If a hiring manager should contact you, information regarding your application may come from an email address that your email provider may not recognize. Please be sure to check all email folders (including “junk” or “spam” folders) to be sure you’re receiving updates.
- If advanced to the next stage of the hiring process, you may be asked to fill out a longer application.
- Manages guest reservations and greets and seats guests on arrival
- Inspects dining and serving areas to ensure cleanliness and proper setup
- Assigns work tasks and coordinates activities of dining room personnel to ensure prompt and courteous service
- Manages and mentors staff, including recruiting/hiring/training of all employees, overseeing HR/payroll, managing issues of discipline/termination, ensuring ongoing training/education, etc.
- Manages supplies and ensures orderly work areas
- Prepares deposits and maintains a cash management system
- Ensures compliance with cash control procedures
- Ensures compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and all company policies
- Point-of-sale (cash register) and credit or debit card processing skills
- Excellent computer and Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Able to bend, kneel, squat, stand, and lift heavy objects as needed
- Able to work days, evenings, weekends, and holidays
- 50% off food purchases during and after work shift