Senior Systems Analyst
Full-Time Role in New York, NY
The Senior Systems Analyst will lead the setup, migration, development, administration, and tuning of an ESRI Enterprise GIS environment. The candidate must demonstrate experience in managing the security and settings of multiple users and groups pulling from both active directory and custom accounts. Preference will be given to those with technical expertise in delivering custom Enterprise solutions with an emphasis on automation and customization. This position will assist in the development and maintenance of ArcGIS Server applications, GIS application upgrades, and support of the ArcGIS Server environment, along with working with Survey123, ArcGIS for Collector, ArcGIS Web AppBuilder, Story Maps, Operations Dashboards, and ArcGIS HUB sites.
- Administer and maintain ArcGIS Enterprise Server environment
- Perform GIS software installations, configurations and upgrades
- Provide GIS enterprise systems architecture guidance and implementation support for multiple disaster recovery programs; maintain architecture documentation
- Assist with geodatabase development and schema design
- Support IT functions through the management of the GIS servers and troubleshooting ArcGIS software and network issues
- Coordination with IT staff on data integration with existing non-spatial datasets
- Administration of GIS Portal and any project related ArcGIS Online accounts (user accounts, web services, security); management of Portal/Online content
- Manage the development and deployment of GIS mobile field solutions (Survey 123, Collector)
- Perform ArcGIS Portal, Online, and mobile field application training to end-users
- Assist with GIS mapping activities utilizing ArcGIS Desktop or ArcGIS Pro when needed
- Will work with GIS personnel conducting day to day geospatial and non-spatial data management activities (receiving, delivery, QA/QC, indexing, web services) necessary to support business needs.
- Manages geodatabase schemas, security, user accounts, database replication, and versions.
- Plans and implements data system automation, test procedures, system backups and database archive operations.
- Demonstrates skills and abilities in the automation of workflows to ensure database operation is efficient, data management processes are effective, and to aid service delivery consistency
- Works with spatial types and manage feature and relationship classes of an ESRI Enterprise geodatabase.
- Supports project scopes and objectives through hands-on application, networking, research and use of applicable technology.
Required Technical Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, IT, GIS or related field
- Hands-on experience working with Electric utility GIS models and systems
- Smallworld or Schneider Electric ArcFM
- 5+ years in System Administration of ESRI Enterprise GIS (ArcGIS Server/SDE, Oracle Server, Portal) and suite of software (ArcMap, ArcGIS Pro, Catalog)
- 5+ years of work experience providing ESRI based GIS mobile and web solutions
- Thorough knowledge of ArcGIS Server administration and managing Windows server environment including, but not limited to, administration, application development and geodatabase development
- Experienced with administering ArcGIS Portal and Online platforms containing hundreds of web services and user accounts
- Experience with systems and server management within a cloud/data hosting environment
- Experience in training staff on the use of ArcGIS Portal, Online, and mobile field applications