Lakeshore Yacht and Country Club in Cicero, NY is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity of full-time Event Coordinator. Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly focused on providing superior service.
Key Responsibilities of the Event Coordinator:
- Contacts customers face-to-face, by telephone and/or email, to confirm, coordinate, and update details for scheduled catering activities.
- Details each group’s event needs which may include but is not limited to: menu planning, meal time, and room set up.
- Conducts facility tours and sight visits for groups assigned.
- Tracks all guarantees and deadlines based on contract.
- Coordinates with Conventions and Catering department as well as Food and Beverage department to ensure specified arrangements are carried out as planned.
- Attends trade shows, wedding shows, and other events as assigned.
- Completes projects as directed in relation to the area of responsibility.
- Assists the department manager in interviewing, training, planning, assigning, and directing work. Make recommendations when hiring, evaluating performance, rewarding, and disciplining associates. Addresses complaints and resolves problems.
- Assists in the coordination of department members that may include, but is not limited to: Banquet Captain, Servers, Hosts, Set Up Staff.
- Assists in monitoring business volume forecast and plans accordingly in areas of manpower, productivity, costs and other expenses.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining excellent service to achieve guest satisfaction.
- Assists manager in communicating any changes or new policies and procedures to the department.
- Conducts facility tours and sight visits for groups.
- Performs other duties as required.
Minimum Qualifications for the Event Coordinator:
- Associate’s degree (AA); and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of software applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel an