At A Glance
- Full-time entry-level to mid-level customer service role resolving customer billing inquiries and account issues, adjusting services as requested, and upholding positive customer relationships.
- Profile: A flexible communicator and good listener who can multitask to solve problems. Billing Representatives use patience and effective communication skills to uncover customer needs, answer questions, and leave a positive impression on every customer interaction.
- Benefits include fully paid training and time off, comprehensive health packages, retirement savings, free Spectrum services where available, and more.
Are you ready for something new?
No matter your background, our training program can put you ahead of the curve on the latest Spectrum technology. Being professional, courteous, and organized helps you establish and maintain positive relationships with your customers. Your reliability, integrity and flexibility make you a wonderful ambassador for the Spectrum brand. If you’re ready to grow your skills, this is an opportunity with a lot of potential.
What is the Billing Representative role?
It’s about building relationships and turning the knowledge you gain in training into customer service wins. Billing Representatives make a real difference to their residential customers and the company. You will learn how to provide over-the-phone account and payment support services, including maintenance, activations, and packaging, plus how and when to schedule field visits and escalate calls to your support team. You’ll meet regular sales goals by educating customers about service options and upselling to increase the value of their investment. A thorough understanding of Spectrum products and services will help you navigate your way to successful resolutions.
It’s all about learning and growing
This may be new for you, but the journey is all mapped out. No matter your background, our quick, fully paid training can bring you up to speed on our advanced products and services in about five weeks. After that, you’ll be ready to field questions, process orders, revise account records and more. Continuing updates help you stay current on our newest products and services. With peer mentors and a dedicated coaching line, we make sure you have everything you need to create a smooth and streamlined experience for your customers and yourself.
With a deliberate path to success
We believe the best people to lead are those who have been down the same road before. Most of our supervisors started as Representatives themselves, so they know exactly what kind of support will help you grow into a successful employee. With well-established career paths across multiple lines of business, advancement is a very real and achievable goal. Make your first move toward a long and rewarding career with Spectrum.
The benefits are clear
In addition to the core benefits — industry-leading retirement savings and 401(k) plans, comprehensive health care insurance options, dental and vision plans, flexible spending, family leave, and paid training and time off — we offer free Spectrum products and services where available, education assistance tuition reimbursement, employee discounts, and a selection of other programs to support team members and their families.
What it takes to get started
The minimum qualifications for the Customer Service Billing Representative are:
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English
- High School Diploma or GED
Preferred qualifications for the Customer Service Billing Representative are:
- 6 months or more customer service experience
- 6 months or more experience working with computers and multiple software applications
Are you ready to join our team?
Now that you know a little more about us, are you ready to apply? Heads up! There is a brief assessment in the application. We recommend taking the assessment in a distraction-free environment.