Summary of Responsibilities:
During our 6 week summer internship program, beginning in July, you will be placed in one of our dynamic coverage or product teams. Through on the job practical training, business overview lunch & learns, professional development training and networking across SCIB, you will gain the technical and problem solving skills which will enable you to build your career with Santander.
Job responsibilities will vary depending on business unit but generally you can expect to be involved in supporting credit analyses, modeling, forecasting, pitch book and client preparation, executive management presentations, due diligence and involvement in the origination and execution of deal flow. You will be working in an environment where teamwork and partnership is critical in order to execute the best product for our client base. You will be partnered with a mentor, who is able to provide you with guidance and advice throughout the summer while immediately building your Santander network.
Placement will be in one of our core business lines listed below, all of which are integral to our growing franchise providing a sound foundation as you begin your career in finance.
- Banking & Corporate Finance
- Global Transaction Banking
- Global Debt Finance
- Credit Underwriting & Portfolio Management
We have a very strong interest to grow from within and therefore we make it our mission to focus on attracting and retaining junior talent. Our program is designed to get you on the right path to the next level. We have a strong global SCIB footprint which fosters an environment in which we promote internal mobility both locally and globally.
- Extended working hours may be required as dictated by management and business needs.
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required.
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds.
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time.
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard.
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate program at a University or College
- Expected graduation date between December 2020 – May 2021
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.25 or above
- Strong interest in a career in Corporate & Investment Banking
- Excellent analytical, communication and quantitative skills
- Proficient in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated leadership qualities
- Team-oriented and results focused
- Previous course work in finance, accounting or economics a plus
:New York-New York-45 East 53rd Street – 06547 – NY Corp
:SIS FIC (SIS_0018)