The Chef is a ‘meal creator’. He/She is responsible for planning, directing, and conducting food preparation in the kitchen. This may involve supervision of kitchen staff, as well as problem resolution for issues that that may arise in kitchen operations. The Chef authoritatively delegates job tasks to a staff. The Chef promotes an environment that continuously encourages staff members to perform at optimum performance/service levels. At times, the Chef may need to discipline underperforming staff members. He/She is responsible to promote ethical business practices and ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local laws. The Chef is a confident decision-maker, highly practiced in customer contact, staff management, people motivation, and communications.
- If a hiring manager should contact you, information regarding your application may come from an email address that your email provider may not recognize. Please be sure to check all email folders (including “junk” or “spam” folders) to be sure you’re receiving updates.
- If advanced to the next stage of the hiring process, you may be asked to fill out a longer application.
- Supervise kitchen staff in the proper preparation of menu items
- Ensure proper receiving, storage, and rotation of food products to comply with Health Department regulations
- Observe staff engaged in preparing, portioning, and garnishing foods to ensure that methods of cooking, garnishing and sizes of portions are as prescribed
- Give instructions to cooking personnel in fine points of cooking
- Cook and carve meats, and prepares dishes, such as sauces, during rush periods and for banquets and other social functions
- Ensure food safety procedures are executed according to policy and health/sanitation regulations
- Monitor inventory levels through ordering to ensure product availability
- Manage and maintain safe working condition
- Perform administrative tasks as needed
- Anticipate and identify problems and initiate appropriate corrective actions
- Maintain fast, accurate service, positive guest relations, and ensure service is consistent with quality standards
- Fluent English-speaking and writing skills
- Management/Supervisory/Mentor experience required
- Able to lift 50 pounds to waist level
- Neat, clean, and professional appearance
- Helpful attitude and friendly demeanor
- Proven Meal-Creation skills
- Two years of progressive and relevant experience
- Advancement Opportunities
- Food Discount