Within General Mills, our manufacturing facilities are committed to achieving zero human and food safety incidents and it is every employee’s responsibility to fully support this vision. Production employees are responsible for performing a variety of assigned tasks. These tasks may include operating and maintaining processing equipment and sanitation duties.
The General Mills-Buffalo plant operates 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. Applicants must be willing to work ANY shift and weekends and overtime as needed. Changes in volume and production requirements can result in changes in work schedule and additional overtime. Production employees must be willing to work any shift including nights and weekends.
- Please note that all new hires are subject to a contractual new hire pay progression meaning 80% of the full rate of pay ($22.20) will be received for the first 18 months of employment ($17.76) and 90% for the second 18 months ($19.98) – subject to contractual increases, if applicable.
Applications must be completed in their entirety, including the assessment portion.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
In this role, you will:
- Follow all company safety policies and procedures to ensure a safe working environment
- Support production lines by supplying with materials as needed
- Perform various sanitation and clean up duties
- Assists operators during bottlenecks or when production lines are shut down
- Participate in start-up, change over and shut down of operating equipment
- Be responsible for executing all required HACCP processes and documentation
- Participate in Continuous Improvement initiatives in order to increase platform performance
- Attend meetings and trainings as required
- Perform additional related tasks as assigned