The Bartender makes and serves drinks to guests and cocktail servers following established guidelines, procedures and policies with regard to beverage and safety controls as prescribed by company standards. He/She performs all guest contact activities in a cordial, efficient and professional manner. The Bartender rings guest checks, collects cash and processes credit charges in the exact manner as outlined by company policies and procedures. He/She maintains inventory control, initiates liquor requisitions, and ensures established pars are maintained. The Bartender is aware of, and complies with, state/federal/corporate liquor laws through age verification and termination alcohol consumption of seemingly intoxicated individuals.
- If a hiring manager should contact you, information regarding your application may come from an email address that your email provider may not recognize. Please be sure to check all email folders (including “junk” or “spam” folders) to be sure you’re receiving updates.
- If advanced to the next stage of the hiring process, you may be asked to fill out a longer application.
- Maintain proper and adequate set-up of the bar on a daily basis. This includes requisitioning and stocking of all beer, wine, spirits, paper products, straws and stirrers, condiments and produce based on projections from the daily functions sheet
- Maintain stock by cutting and storing of all fresh fruit and vegetable garnishes, juices, and other perishables to ensure product quality
- Greet guests in a courteous and friendly manner; promote and document orders for drinks; mix, garnish, and present drinks using standard ingredient recipes; and practice prudent portion control
- Input orders into a register at the point-of-sale and create a check for each guest, including those served by other beverage servers in order to maintain accountability of all beverages served
- Receive cash from guests, make change, verify validity of charges, record charges, and ensure vouchers are properly executed in order to balance all transactions
- Lock and store all beverage, food, and other equipment items; deposit cash drops
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned
- One year experience in a high-volume bar
- One year experience handling money desired
- High school diploma or high school equivalency diploma preferred
- Fluent English-speaking and writing skills
- Able to lift 50 pounds to waist level
- Helpful attitude and friendly demeanor
- Neat, clean, and professional appearance
- Exhibit a sense of urgency
- Willingness to work on your feet
- To Be Determined