Application deadline date has been passed for this Job.
This job has been Expired
Santander’s Commercial Banking Division is an active provider of capital, treasury management and risk management solutions to thousands of small and mid-sized companies in the northeast and across the country. We also have expertise and provide service to specific industry sectors including real estate, asset based lending, energy, education, health care and government.
Our clients rely on the strength of Santander’s balance sheet and the degree to which our relationship managers understand their businesses in order to develop the most relevant and compelling solutions. In addition, Santander’s significant international presence in regions around the world uniquely positions us to help companies grow their business, both near and far.
The Analyst, Collections administers defined procedures and report preparation for the department, ensures conformance with applicable laws, regulations, and policies, analyzes less complex credit risk management data, and makes recommendations based on findings.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Contact customers for past due payments
- Adheres to company policy and procedures for credit risk escalations
- Administers defined credit risk management procedures, guidelines, and report preparation for the Credit Risk Management department
- Analyzes business processes, procedures, and information requirements to adjust working methods and improve process efficiency
- Assists senior analysts on projects
- Collaborates cross-functionally across business lines (Processors, Underwriters, Appraisal/Evaluation Professionals) to gather, confirm, and clarify risk information and data
- Complies with all applicable corporate policies, guidelines, and practices
- Ensures credit risk data analysis is documented and that all records are accurately maintained
- Gathers and reviews credit risk data for accuracy
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Responds to and provides ad-hoc requests from functional areas and/or senior analysts as requested
- Reviews and analyzes less complex credit risk data, and makes recommendations in compliance with the company’s policies and regulatory guidelines.
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business, Statistics, Information Systems, Finance, Economics or equivalent field, or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of collections and/or skip tracing experience
- Risk Management, Credit Risk, Internal Audit or related experience
- Financial Service industry experience
- Ability to adhere to policies, procedures, and instructions of management
- Ability to build and foster internal relationships
- Ability to change direction as project demand dictates
- Ability to interpret, analyze and apply data/information
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks to meet deadlines
- Ability to stay abreast of industry best practices, procedures, and techniques
- Ability to summarize, document, and communicate information in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic credit risk principles, concepts and policies
- Proficient with MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook)
- Strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
:New York-Melville-3 Huntington Quadrangle – 06471 – Melville
:CRE & MultiFamily (4701)