Carver Companies, an established and premier employer in the Capital District area is looking for an exceptional Administrative Assistant to join the team for the Coeymans Industrial Park.
The selected individual will be responsible for routing incoming phone calls and other communications, greeting clients and visitors, as well as managing files, inventory, updating paperwork and other documents, and performing other general office clerk duties and errands.
To be successful, you will need the ability to write clearly and be proficient with Microsoft Word, EXCEL and Outlook. A pleasing personality with a “We before me” mentality and strong communication skills is also highly valued.
Administrative Assistant duties include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for answering phones and properly routing calls.
- Review DVIR’s (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report)
- Assist the Coeymans Repair Shop with placing and receiving orders
- Maintaining a complete and accurate filing system
- Keep a neat and orderly desk, and reception area clean and free of boxes or debris.
- Maintain office refreshments and supplies. Ensure coffee and snack areas are properly stocked and orderly. Ensure restrooms are properly stocked with required supplies
- Receive and distribute mail accurately and efficiently
- Scan invoices and bills of ladings into computer system in a timely manner daily
- Be able to follow directions/Instructions
- Accurate keyboard skills and experience with standard office equipment
- Be able to use critical thinking to solve problems.
- Have excellent phone skills while speaking with a great diversity of customers
- Must have a presentable appearance
- Excellent people skills
- Be willing to be fully cross-trained for other positions as needed
- Ability to communicate in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to work independently as well as with others.
- Create and edit spreadsheets and correspondence as directed.
- 45-50 hours per week standard
Carver Companies offers an attractive pay and benefits package. In addition to very competitive pay, we offer health insurance, dental, vision, group life, FSA and AFLAC plans. In addition, voluntary life is available. We offer a 401k profit sharing plan with up to an 8% match, AND, you have the exclusive opportunity to invest in an employee owned investment opportunity! Do not miss this amazing opportunity to join a growing company!!!
This position requires basic office administration skills including:
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Answer a multi-line telephone system
- Excellent communication skills and telephone manners
- Friendly, helpful, confident and engaging personality
- Good organization, scheduling and time management skills.
- Able to multi task and work well under pressure
- Team oriented and willing to help in other areas when needed