The Accounting Clerk is a dynamic position, responsible for providing accounting support to accounting supervisors and other managers within the department. Keys daily worksheets to the general ledger system, ensures files are complete and maintained as needed, handles accounts payable and/or billing/ accounts receivable duties, and assists accounting personnel. This position also provides support with front desk duties such as greeting customers, vendors, and visitors, and answering and directing calls as required. This position also provides additional support to the accounting and finance team with special projects, etc.
Accounts Payable Duties include managing outgoing bills and invoices on behalf of the company. Some of the other specific duties associated with this position include:
- Updating and maintaining records of expenditures
- Sending out payments for company expenditures, including placing in envelopes and mailing; processing online payments; requesting wire transfers as necessary
- Responding to vendor invoices
- Ensuring that all payments are made in accordance with company policy
- Ensuring that all payments are sent on time
- Resolving payment discrepancies and disputes on behalf of the company
Accounts Receivable Duties include managing incoming payments on behalf of the company. Accounts receivable clerks accomplish this objective by performing the following tasks:
- Preparing and mailing invoices to customers
- Posting payments to customer accounts
- Making deposits; organizing and filing deposit receipts and associated back-up
- Preparing aging and other reports on delinquent accounts and customer payment profiles; reviewing with supervisor and senior management team as necessary
- Reconciling cash receipts and deposits
Carver Companies offers an attractive pay and benefits package. In addition to very competitive pay, we offer health insurance, dental, vision, group life, FSA and AFLAC plans. In addition, voluntary life is available. We offer a 401k profit sharing plan with up to an 8% match, AND, you have the exclusive opportunity to invest in an employee owned investment opportunity! Do not miss this amazing opportunity to join a growing company!!!
Accounting Clerks use various accounting software programs to track and reconcile a wide range of financial transactions. Since the Accounting Clerk may interact with customers or vendors, a professional demeanor is essential.
Accounting Clerks should possess the following skills:
- Excellent analytical, computational and mathematical abilities
- Proficiency in accounting programs and related software
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- High level of integrity and trustworthiness
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook highly preferred
Experience and Education:
High School diploma or equivalent is required. Post-secondary education with focussed coursework in accounting or similar preferred
Training in relevant software programs is adventageous.
A minimum of 2 years relevant experience is required.